Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Faith of a Child

Once again, I am here to report answers to prayer.
Dad began his first chemo treatment on Tuesday morning. It began with difficulties accessing his port. The nurses worked on him for almost an hour and had to "stick" him several times. The port was just placed on Monday so it was still very tender.
During this time I texted my family and asked them to pray that the difficulties would end. I quickly received a text from my daughter to say that her children had stopped what they were doing and Justus prayed for their Poppa. As the nurse continued to work on him I read this text to Dad. Even as I read the text the nurse was able to get to the port and we all cheered. We believed in that moment that God hears the faith-filled prayers of a little child.
I had asked you to pray that there would be no reaction to the powerful drugs infused during the treatment. It was expected that he would have a reaction to the first drug and that because of this it would take 3 to 5 hours to infuse this one drug. In all they expected us to be there for 7 hours.
God showed Himself through all of this... The first drug was infused in a little over an hour with no real reaction. The whole treatment took less than 4 hours.
We are reminded that each and every step of this journey must be covered in prayer. Thank you for standing with Dad during this time. We need your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. God is so good. He shows up just at the right time. What an amazing prayer from a child!
    Will continue to pray. I will watch for the blogs as I travel back to Lubbock for a few days.

    ReplyDelete